Can you connect Xbox 360 controller to PC with Bluetooth? The Xbox 360 controller uses a proprietary wireless protocol, and NOT Bluetooth. So the standard wireless devices in your computer can’t work with the Xbox 360 wireless controller. You absolutely definitely need the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows if you wish to use your Xbox 360 controller on your PC.
How do you connect a wireless Xbox 360 controller to a PC with a receiver?
How do I connect my wireless Xbox one controller to my PC without a receiver? How to Connect Xbox Controller to PC via USB Cable. The most straightforward way to connect your Xbox controller and PC is with a micro-USB cable (for Xbox One controllers) or a USB-C cable (for Series X|S controllers). Simply plug the slim end into your Xbox controller and the other end into a USB port on your PC.
How do I connect my controller to my PC without a adapter?
- Hold the Guide button to turn on the controller.
- Hold the Pairing button for three seconds until the Guide button flashes.
- Right-click the Bluetooth icon in your system tray.
- Click “Add a Bluetooth Device.”
- Click “Add Bluetooth or other Device” and select Bluetooth.