How can I cool down my computer?
- Keep your system away from vents and windows.
- Give your system some breathing room.
- Close your system’s case.
- Clean your fans.
- Upgrade your CPU fan.
- Add a case fan.
- Add a memory cooling fan.
- Check your system’s power supply fan.
How can I stop my PC from overheating?
- Check that the fans are working.
- Improve airflow for desktop PCs.
- Improve airflow for your laptop.
- Avoid using programs that use a lot of CPU power.
- Close unnecessary browser tabs and programs.
- Clean and dust your computer.
- Reapply thermal paste.
Why does my computer overheat so easily? Common reasons why your PC is overheating
Dust, if left to build up over time, can block the fans and cause the CPU or GPU to overheat. Too many applications running at once can cause the fans to go into overdrive, and if this happens too many times, the fans might stop working.
Is it OK if my computer gets hot? It is generally nothing to worry about — computers produce a lot of heat and laptops are very compact, so they need to remove their heat rapidly and their outer casing warms up as a result. Some laptops do get too hot, however, and may be uncomfortable to use.