Why is my computer suddenly so slow Windows 10? One reason your Windows 10 PC may feel sluggish is that you’ve got too many programs running in the background — programs that you rarely or never use. Stop them from running, and your PC will run more smoothly.
How do I fix a slow sluggish computer?
- Identify programs that slow down your computer.
- Check your web browser and internet connection.
- Defragment your hard disk drive.
- Identify hardware that can slow down your computer.
- Upgrade your storage with a solid state drive.
- Add more memory (RAM)
How do you find out what is slowing down my PC? Windows has a built-in diagnostics tool called Performance Monitor. It can review your computer’s activity in real time or through your log file. You can use its reporting feature to determine what’s causing your PC to slow down. To access Resource and Performance Monitor, open Run and type PERFMON.
How do I clean my PC to make it run faster?
- Restart Your Computer.
- Stop Heavy-Duty Tasks & Programs.
- Download a Device Optimization Program.
- Remove Unused Apps, Software & Bloatware.
- Delete Large Files (Manually & With Disk Cleanup)
- Delete Old Files & Downloads.
- Empty Your Recycle Bin.
- Remove Unused Browser Extensions.